>>>My hometown newspaper did a very very nice story about my growing up
in a
small town and how it got me interested in Mayberry.  It made the front
page
with a picture of me in my uniform        Ken Anderson<<<

Ken I think you need to cut that article out of the paper and frame
it...and have Marsha put it up in her basement at the Mayberry Inn that
is being done up like the courthouse.  Then next time you go there (and
we all know how often you like to visit) you can be in that basement in
your street clothes visiting with other fans (or possibly crooks) ,
pretending to be just a normal Mayberry fan.

They will look over and see your picture of you in your deputy
uniform...and realize that you are not just a normal fan..but a
fanatical Deputy dressing-up full blown case for the books.  Then they
will steal your pen and try to break out of the basement (er jail).
Just tell them your name is Puddingtame.  It will be great!!!

The Untrained Voice
A guy dressed up like a deputy may be hot copy in Eau Cliare..but if you
really want to sell newspapers..try Eau Claire after midnight..that's
when the cow-tippin  and shoes-wearing bull stealin' starts