Well folks, things continue to be very busy for us here in Eau Claire, WI.
Last night was our 50th event thus far this summer.  We have won a number
of 1st and 2nd place awards at car shows and parades.

Last night we were at our weekly Burger King Car Show and of course it was
the 92nd birthday of Don Knotts.  I mentioned this to the DJ at the show
and about half way through the show he announced that it was Don Knotts'
92nd birthday and then he played a beautiful rendition of "Happy Birthday"
to which everyone began singing.  So that was a wonderful tribute to Don.

We have five events this upcoming week.  I was asked to come to the town
where I taught for 29 years to take part in their annual National Night Out
event, so that will be special for me.

Also, when Women's Day Magazine comes out in August, there is suppose to be
a mention of me in it.  At least that is what the editor told me a few
weeks ago.  It will be a picture and a paragraph about my Mayberry Guru gig.

Lots of luck to you and yours.  And be sure to stay cool.  It is hot.  Dang
hot.  And I don't need one of Nurse Mary's thermometer to tell me that.  I
have one hanging on my shed.

--
Ken Anderson
The Mayberry Guru