Scott Glasgow was seen on 8/15/05 12:45 AM talking about:
>> I put  p[enguin on my otherwise Xp Dell;   I haven't even worked out how to
 add programs...

 p[enguin? add programs? to what?

 Please enlighten.

I think he means Linux (the official mascot being a penguin named Tux).

Adding programs depends on the Linux distribution, and usually done
with a Redhat Package Manager (RPM's) or a Debian Package Manager
(deb's). Or if you're really brave: download the source and compile it
yourself (which really isn't that bad).

If he really meant that he has a black and white water fowl that likes
cold water sitting atop his Dell computer then all the above is
meaningless. :-)

--
Listserv only address.
Jeff Shapiro