Herold Heiko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>>Also, could you include a ChangeLog entry with your patches?
>
> Sorry, yes.

Note that ChangeLog entries should (if possible) not be a part of the
diff; applying them almost always fails because of the changing
context.  Also, please Cc your patches to wget-patches.

The PATCHES file explains all this and more...

>>Could you please document this in a readme file?
>
> The attached patch should clarify this (somewhat)... or do you think
> something more verbose is needed ?

No, that looks perfect.

Thanks for the patch; I've now applied it to CVS.

>>It's not intentional, it's just that 1.8 is far from being released,
>>so I didn't update the file.  But it'd be fine to update it to
>>1.8-dev or something.
>
> Or keep it in a single file, and update at compile time version.c and
> wget.texi ?

I would prefer for the compilation process not to touch wget.texi.
I'd really hate having a `wget.texi.in' or something.  However, it
might be feasible for wget.texi to include the version information
from another file, possibly one auto-generated from version.c or
whatever.

> Possibly using sed or perl since it's already required anyway.

Note that Perl is not, or should not be, required to build Wget.