Le 8 juin 2006 à 21:17, Ian Hickson a écrit :

I don't see a better solution. I'm certainly open to better solutions if
there are any.

What about <input class="spellcheck" />? It surely validates with HTML4, and it doesn't get in the way of any other feature. It does not really need to be part of the HTML spec either.

I know that according to the current spec, the class attribute should carry no meaning whatsoever. But I ask the question: is this worse than implying that spell checking should be enabled or disabled based on a particular MIME type? The later could break spell checking when introducing new text types, say "text/x-markdown", or "text/x- mediawiki", for lightweight formatting syntaxes.

Michel Fortin
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.michelf.com/