Thanks Stas,

So, hmm...we'd have to build our own parser or something is what your
saying ?
Because Wikidata doesn't have those kinds of connections in its graph and
also doesn't have a SPARQL service yet against the Wikipedia
API:Categorymembers https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/API:Categorymembers to
deduce those subcategories, right ?

How difficult is it for someone to create a service like the LabelService ,
but instead using the WP Categorymembers API ?  Or do you have some other
ideas ?