On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 7:24 PM, Brian <brian.min...@colorado.edu> wrote:
> So far each april fools thread I've seen has had at least one buzzkiller in
> it.

Personally, I've never understood why deliberately misleading people
is supposed to be funny.  I don't particularly enjoy having my time
wasted by people having a lark just because it is a certain day of the
year.  I don't see why we should tolerate disruption that would, on
any other day of the year, be instantly dealt with.

Now, I don't make a big deal out this on the wiki, because dozens of
people will jump down my throat with exactly the kind of language you
use.  I recognise that, apparently, other people find this kind of
thing fun and totally acceptable.  But I can certainly sympathise with
the people who you describe as "buzzkillers".

For them, of course, the buzz has been killed already and they are
more than a little fed up.

Sam

--
Sam