Dear Contributors to the Mailing List,

I hope this message finds you well. I want to take a moment to signal important
guidelines about communication on our mailing list, especially in light of the
recent discussions on the Movement Charter. I am writing in my capacity as
volunteer moderator of the Wikimedia-l, after consulting with other moderators.

First and foremost, civility and respectful communication are the cornerstones
of our community. We value diverse opinions and encourage healthy debate, but
it is essential that we express ourselves in a manner that fosters constructive
dialogue, in accordance to expectations included in our Universal Code of
Conduct and Friendly Space Policy. Personal attacks, disrespectful language, or
any form of hostility have no place in our discussions.

Additionally, I'd like to remind everyone that Board members, like all
volunteers, dedicate their time and effort to support our community. While they
may express personal opinions, it's crucial to recognize that these opinions do
not always reflect official stands unless explicitly stated otherwise. All
members, including Board members, have the right to speak as individuals on
Wikimedia-l. They should not stop doing so nor be attacked for doing so.

As we continue to engage in discussions on this mailing list, let's strive to
maintain an atmosphere of mutual respect and understanding. Let's focus on the
issues at hand rather than engaging in personal attacks.

Best regards,

João Alexandre Peschanski
Wikimedia-l Moderator