On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 02:41:14PM -0500, Bilal Abdul Kader wrote:
> Greetings,
> I have been searching online for the possibility of using the name wikipedia
> to name a server but I could not find information about this anywhere.
>
> Basically, we are duplicating the enwiki locally at Concordia and searching
> whether we are allowed to use wikipedia.concordia.ca for the server.
>
> Is this allowed?
> Is there any policy on the usage of the name?

Wikipedia is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation. In
general this means that you can't use the word wikipedia to name your
website.

IANAL.

Something else, why do you want to set up a Wikipedia mirror? Most people
do it in order to sell ads, but I can't imagine that Concordia University
is trying to earn money with ads.

Regards,

jens