On 03/06/2012 05:39 AM, Eranga Mapa wrote:
> Hi Sumanah
> Did you recieved the mail I sent to u regarding my extension to synchronize
> video with other content?
> By the way I am hoping to hear soon from James regarding Integrating "who's
> been awesome?" to MediaWiki.
>
> Thanks
>
> Undergraduate Computer Science and Engineering
> University of Moratuwa
> Student Member IEEE

Eranga,

Thanks for writing!  Yes, I did get your email on the 3rd but have not
had time to respond to it yet; my apologies.

James, please do share your notes and mockups.  Thanks!

The text of the email, for the benefit of the list, with my responses
inline:

> I need help on MediaWiki mailing lists. I don't see our discussion
> "Integrating 'who's been awesome?'" as a seperate thread. I only get a mail
> as Wikitech-I Digest which includes replies for all the threads. Currently
> im using Gossamer threads to view discussions in separate threads .I tried
> to send this mail to Wikitech-I with the same subject. But I got a reply
> from wikitech-l-owner that my mail is unprocessed. Therefore  I'm sending
> this mail to your personal email addresses. Sorry about that.

I am guessing that the problem was that you tried to send big
attachments.  This list doesn't allow that.  As you see, your most
recent email made it in fine.  You can change your preferences by
logging in at https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l to
leave digest mode and see mail as individual threads.

> My MediaWiki extension is to synchronize content such as images and rich
> text with html5 video. It can be used to create rich video lectures. When
> playing a video lecture, set of slides related to it will synchronize and
> play with the video. There are three special pages in my extension. First
> one is to upload or link a video to wiki(still to be developed). Next
> special page is to sample uploaded or linked video and assign
> content(slide) to each sample. Third one is to view the video and content
> attached to it.
>
> Currently I'm developing it in my local machine and still i don't have
> commit access to svn. Therefore I'm sorry. Because its hard for me to give
> a link to my extension.

Go ahead and request a Git repository via this procedure:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Git/New_repositories First you'll need a
Wikimedia Labs account, and I'll need from you:

     Preferred wiki username. This will also be your git username, so
legal name would be reasonable
    Preferred email address
    Preferred shell account name (lowercase letters and numbers only)

Then you can put your code where we can see it! :-)

> But you can see some screenshots of my extension.
>
> Video sampling and content assigning special page
> [image: Inline images 1]
>
> Video viewing special page
> [image: Inline images 2]

If you tell me your mediawiki.org username then I can ensure that you
can upload those screenshots to mediawiki.org so everyone can see them. :-)

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Volunteer Development Coordinator