Hey,
If a community dislikes a change they can instantly override it using
mediawiki:common.css. In that case, no one would forces them to change it
back.

But these changes are too small to notice and even smaller to dislike. For
example no one is trying to change blue to red, But we changed a certain
shade of blue to another shade that you are more familiar with and seen in
other places. That's why for small changes we never got negative feedback.
We are doing this to give users better experience by using familiar colors.
It's really hard to see any objections overall.

Best