Me and Chris Morgan changed it to this because we were sick of people pasting pages and pages of terminal output into the What works or What doesn't work boxes of the test data which is NOT where it belongs. The information in test data should be written in plain English, not pastes of lots of (mostly useless) terminal output which just looks awful and isn't any use to most users of the AppDB.

I agree with point 2 but the problem is most AppDB submitters just... too stupid to be able to use some sense or judgement about what they are asked to actually put in the test reports.

What you'd rather change it to would make the previous situation much, much worse so under no circumstances should it be changed to that though.

Ben H.

Louis. Lenders wrote:
Hi, since a few weeks the following message is displayed when you try to submit test results into appdb:

*Please DO NOT include crash or Wine debug output. Instead report the crash as a bug in the Wine bugzilla at http://bugs.winehq.org <http://bugs.winehq.org/>. We ask that you use bugzilla because developers do not monitor the AppDB for bugs.

I'm not that happy with this message for a few reasons:

1. Most testers will not attach this to a bug, either because there isn't an entry for the app in bugzilla, or they don't bother to do so.

2.  There are crashes like these that users attach:
wine app.exe
err:module:import_dll Library MSVBVM60.DLL (which is needed by L"C:\\app.exe") not found err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\app.exe" failed, status c0000135

We don't want users to attach these things in bugzilla, we'd rather point them what to do in the email-field. If users don't attach crashes anymore to the testresults , i cannot by no means see anymore if a testresult is valid or not.

I'd rather see something like:

**Please DO include crash or Wine debug output here, and **report the crash as a bug in the Wine bugzilla at http://bugs.winehq.org <http://bugs.winehq.org/>**.

Any comments?
*