On Jan 22, 2013, at 6:38 AM, <joerg-cyril.hoe...@t-systems.com>
<joerg-cyril.hoe...@t-systems.com> wrote:

> Ken Thomases wrote:
>>> +                    if(success != kIOReturnSuccess)
>> Another style nitpick: please put a space between "if" and the condition.
>> That applies to the "if(count2)" above, too.
>
> I find this over the top.

Well, I phrased it as a style nitpick (a.k.a. a matter of taste and a minor
issue).  I also said "please".  I don't think it was too over the top.

> Where is the rule?

> … The only rule I see is: "Look at the code surrounding the patch" and
> its corollary: "if you create a new module, you're the first and define
> the style others will have to follow."

Well, there's also the corollary "be self-consistent within a single patch"
which applied in this case.  Those guidelines (I wouldn't call them "rules")
seem sane and fairly self-evident.  In any case, they are already documented
here:
http://wiki.winehq.org/SubmittingPatches#head-22ead28485239d5028d63061c7d38f0fa88230d8

I have no power to enforce anything.  Alexandre may or may not consider my
patch reviews, or those of anybody else, while deciding how to treat the
patches in his incoming queue.  The reviews are simply a joint effort of all
Wine developers to help keep quality up and take some of the burden off of
Alexandre.

If the code submitter chooses to ignore my suggestions, they can.  I probably
won't keep harping on the same minor style issue for future versions.

-Ken