What are the permissions on the following directories:

        /Applications/Witango/Server/configuration
        /Applications/Witango/Logs/log.WitangoServer

(The witango user must be able to write to these directories.)

Also: cat, more, less, and tail are probably better tools for reading log files than
pico.  Try this in the Terminal and see what you get:

tail -30 /Applications/Witango/Server/configuration/witangoevents.log

- Jeff

>Witango has been crashing randomly about once a day even without a load on
>the server.
>
>When I try to view the log with Pico I get [ File read error ]
>
>Could these two be related in any way?
>
>Chris

Jeff Bohmer
VisionLink, Inc.