What version of WiX are you using (the exact version)?  That looks like a bug we’ve fixed already.

Thanks,

Derek

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of John Ludlow
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2006 9:09 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Failed to locate connection for merge

Hi all,

I have an installation that is including several merge modules (some are ours, some are written by MS).  Now, I'm trying to add another called VaultMessages, and light is throwing the following error:

light.exe : error LGHT0001 : Failed to locate connection for merge: VaultMessages.dll

Exception Type: System.ApplicationException

Stack Trace:
   at Microsoft.Tools.WindowsInstallerXml.Binder.MergeModules(String databasePath, Output output)
   at Microsoft.Tools.WindowsInstallerXml.Binder.Bind(Output output)
   at Microsoft.Tools.WindowsInstallerXml.Tools.Light.Run (String[] args)

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Thanks

John