Hi Alex,

On  Fr 21 Dez 2018 13:16:50 CET, Oleksandr Shneyder wrote:

Am 21.12.18 um 07:38 schrieb Mike Gabriel:
Hi Alex,

OnĀ  Do 20 Dez 2018 15:37:12 CET, Oleksandr Shneyder wrote:

Hi All,

I'm glad to introduce you a new X2Go feature - X2Go KDrive.
X2Go KDrive is a new X-Server for X2Go, similar to Xephyr. It's based on
the recent X.Org code and can run modern desktops and apps, like Gnome-3
and KDE-5. I uploaded some sources to our git repository. It's not a
release or even testing version, just kind of review at the moment. We
don't have any build system for it yet. However I wrote some
instructions, which could help you to build it.

check our wiki page if you need more information:

https://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:advanced:x2gokdrive:start

Thanks for this work.

I see, you haven't pushed anything to X2Go Server and X2Go Client. I
accept code changes for those two Git repos, too.

Please don't push those changes directly to master. Please push them on
a feature branch where the changes can then be cherry-picked from once
the x2goephyr code parts are wrapped up in packages properly.

Yes, that was also my plan. I don't have a lot of experience in
packaging, so I'll appreciate any help. I built some binaries for my
customers and they are already testing the new solution. But I think
there are some members of community, that would like to try it too.

Don't expect any DEB packaging work before January/February. Plus: I am stuffed with paid customer projects, they have priority.

Plus, it would be cool to have autotools as build toolchain available like in all other Xserver video drivers.

An example can be taken from e.g. xserver-xorg-video-nouveau [1].

PS: We decided, that the X2Go Kdrive is a better name, please try not to
use name "x2goephyr" to avoid the confusions.

Noted and ack'ed.

Thanks,
Mike

Greets,
Mike

[1] apt-get source xserver-xorg-video-nouveau (on a Debian buster/unstable system)
--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31
mail: mike.gabr...@das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de