Thanks Martijn,

It should (if I have it correct) put an error in the log, and then display an error on the screen saying to look in the log (I didn't want to dump loads of data to screen):

    # Method to update all of the required Confluence files
    def updateSkin(self):
        # Update the files one at a time
        self._updateDialogVideoInfo()

        # Now either print the complete message or the "check log" message
        if self.errorToLog:
xbmcgui.Dialog().ok(__addon__.getLocalizedString(32001), __addon__.getLocalizedString(32019), __addon__.getLocalizedString(32020))
        else:
xbmcgui.Dialog().ok(__addon__.getLocalizedString(32001), __addon__.getLocalizedString(32021), __addon__.getLocalizedString(32022))

It seemed OK when I did the testing with it, but I admit there could be issues I haven't spotted.

Thanks

Rob