On 09/14/2015 03:13 PM, Jan Beulich wrote:
>> I've found this out by accident, since I have some code that does some
>> #ifdef tricks based on __XEN_LATEST_INTERFACE_VERSION__, but while
>> running staging ("Xen version 4.7-unstable") it seems that in
>> xen/xen-compat.h we still have:
>>
>> #define __XEN_LATEST_INTERFACE_VERSION__ 0x00040600
>>
>> Is this intended?
>
> Was there any incompatible interface change already that would
> have required bumping the value?

None, at least as far as my code is concerned. It's just that I've
already added a new libxc helper function with assorted HV-side code and
just assumed that __XEN_LATEST_INTERFACE_VERSION__ had been bumped to
0x00040700, so some of my own code wasn't being compiled as it depended
on that value. Of course, there's nothing wrong with the current
approach, I was just curious if bumps happen as soon as a new version is
out or only when the interface changes.

Thanks,
Razvan