On Fri, 2010-02-26 at 14:48 +0100, Stefan Kisdaroczi wrote:
> Am 26.02.2010 14:28, schrieb Philippe Gerum:

> >> Hi Philippe,
> >>
> >> I just tried the --with-testdir switch. It worked, but i'm not really sure
> >> if
> >> this is the right track.
> >>
> >> Roland's packages install all binaries to /usr/lib/xenomai, except xeno and
> >> xeno-config. You state in your commit message more or less the same goal:
> >> "At some point, all remaining executables or scripts left under
> >> $prefix/bin should match
> >> xeno*, to further reduce the odds of causing name collisions."
> >>
> >> Using --with-testdir all tests (latency,switchtest,...) are now in
> >> /usr/lib/xenomai.
> >> To install the "utils" (rtcansend,insn_write,insn_write,cmd_read,...) to
> >> the same
> >> directory using --with-testdir sounds not obviously. You could add a
> >> second switch
> >> --with-utildir, but a second dir will not work for the xeno-wrapper-script.
> >>

> > CAN and other utilities should definitely remain in $bindir. The fact
> > that they are not prefixed by xeno* is another thing; CAN utilities are
> > already prefixed, maybe Analogy ones should be named in a bit less
> > generic way, although they are not raising any conflict today. I wrote
> > that what's under $bindir "should" match xeno* when a risk of collision
> > exists, but there is no point in enforcing a stricter rule at this
> > point. In any case, I don't want to enforce a never-in-bindir rule for
> > all Xenomai binaries, we can still pick their names in a way that avoids
> > obvious issues.
> >
> > The real problem was about tests, for which using rather generic names
> > made sense. This is what that patch is for.
>
> ok, got the goal now, thanks for the explanation.
> But "xeno.in" needs a fix to use @XENO_TEST_DIR@, no?

Yes, I overlooked that. In fact, I think we may not even need the new
xeno wrapper at all, but we probably want to rewrite xeno-test to wrap
to what is in XENO_TEST_DIR now.

I would suggest to hold the changes to the debian/ area for now, until
the dust has settled a bit. We are trying to fix long-standing problems
in the way we allow people to test their setup.