On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 09:00:42PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 08:57:50PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 06:33:13AM -0700, Alan Hourihane wrote:
> > > CVSROOT:  /home/x-cvs
> > > Module name:      xc
> > > Changes by:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]       02/10/21 06:33:12
> > >
> > > Log message:
> > [...]
> > >    437. Fix the number of beeps when using AccessX and XKB
> > >         (#A.1302, Alan Coopersmith).
> >
> > I applied this patch to Debian's 4.2.1-4 packages and I have a report
> > that this causes nonstop beeping until the server exits if one uses
> > PointerKeys_Enable (i.e., Shift-NumLock).
> >
> > I just reproduced this, and am going to have to restart my X server.
>
> xset b off worked too.

Hmmm, I think I saw a message about this on the xpert-list (so it's a
few weeks ago), but it said that the beep continued if you did xset b on
so it's not really a fix, just something that makes you not go insane
:), I also think there were a real fix sent to the list, no promises
though.

/Peter
--
Alpha Test Version:  Too buggy to be released to the paying public.
Beta Test Version:  Still too buggy to be released.