Hi people:

It's me again, the newbie.  I have a problem that's not related to xfree.  But seeing that I have no where else to turn to, I can only hope that someone on this mailing list can help me.

Right now, I have 2 linux servers behind 1 switch.  One of them controls my home network routing (server1), while I'm making the other into a dedicated server (server2).  The problem is this:  The two servers can't communicate with each other.  They can't even ping each other.  Therefore, I can't use my laptop, which aquires internet from server1, to upload or do access webpages on server2.

I am told that with older verions of windows, they have the same problem if NetBEUI protocol is not installed, unless the first 3 numbers of their IPs are the same.  And if NetBEUI is installed, the security is comprimised.  So, I'm wondering what can I do with my 2 linux servers in order for them to communicate with each other without comprimising security.

All helps are appreciated.

Ray