Alex Valys wrote:

> Having just installed RedHat 7.3, in the hopes that this would be easier (it's
> not), I'm still trying to coax dual-head support out of my new Radeon VE
> (DELL OEM).
>
> When I run XFree86 with the configuration file below, it works fine on the
> primary display.  Nothing appears on the secondary, and it doesn't make any
> noises either.   Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I've been at this
> for a few hours.

Unfortunately, the DELL OEM Radeon has a different BIOS. For now, it requires
a patch to the XFree86 source, which was posted a while back to Xpert.
It hasn't made it in to the CVS. A patch relative to the current XFree86 CVS
is below. You also need to set Option "Crt2Dac2" in the 2nd screen entry.

Joe Krahn
------------------------------------
*** radeon_driver.c     Tue Jun 18 21:10:56 2002
--- radeon_driver.c.patched     Tue Jun 18 21:12:52 2002
***************
*** 137,142 ****
--- 137,143 ----
      OPTION_CLONE_HSYNC,
      OPTION_CLONE_VREFRESH,
      OPTION_FBDEV,
+     OPTION_CRT2_DAC2,
      OPTION_VIDEO_KEY
  } RADEONOpts;

***************
*** 163,168 ****
--- 164,170 ----
      { OPTION_CLONE_HSYNC,    "CloneHSync",       OPTV_ANYSTR,  {0}, FALSE },
      { OPTION_CLONE_VREFRESH, "CloneVRefresh",    OPTV_ANYSTR,  {0}, FALSE },
      { OPTION_FBDEV,          "UseFBDev",         OPTV_BOOLEAN, {0}, FALSE },
+     { OPTION_CRT2_DAC2,      "Crt2Dac2",         OPTV_BOOLEAN, {0}, FALSE },
      { OPTION_VIDEO_KEY,      "VideoKey",         OPTV_INTEGER, {0}, FALSE },
      { -1,                    NULL,               OPTV_NONE,    {0}, FALSE }
  };
***************
*** 2376,2382 ****
            pPriv = xf86GetEntityPrivate(pScrn->entityList[0],
                                         gRADEONEntityIndex);
            pRADEONEnt = pPriv->ptr;
!           if (pRADEONEnt->BypassSecondary) return FALSE;
            pRADEONEnt->pSecondaryScrn = pScrn;
        } else {
            DevUnion     *pPriv;
--- 2378,2390 ----
            pPriv = xf86GetEntityPrivate(pScrn->entityList[0],
                                         gRADEONEntityIndex);
            pRADEONEnt = pPriv->ptr;
!             /* XXX Note to Maintainer: The only reason we would be here
!             * is if the user entered a second "Screen" definition for
!             * this card, presumably because there are two screens.
!             * Shouldn't this automatically override presumed BIOS settings?
!             if(pRADEONEnt->BypassSecondary) return FALSE;
!             */
!
            pRADEONEnt->pSecondaryScrn = pScrn;
        } else {
            DevUnion     *pPriv;
*** 4056,4061 ****
--- 4064,4072 ----
            ((info->SavedReg.disp_output_cntl
              & ~(CARD32)RADEON_DISP_DAC_SOURCE_MASK)
             | RADEON_DISP_DAC_SOURCE_CRTC2);
+     else if (xf86ReturnOptValBool(info->Options, OPTION_CRT2_DAC2, FALSE))
+         save->dac2_cntl = info->SavedReg.dac2_cntl
+                       | RADEON_DAC2_DAC2_CLK_SEL;
      else