Hi,

I have a .inc file that contains this information:

# Set the MACHINE string, expected to eventually replace the long list of
# build settings below
EXTRA_OECMAKE += "-DRDK_MACHINE=${@d.getVar('MACHINE', False)} "

# Set the region and platform type (defaults to Xi6 and UK)
EXTRA_OECMAKE_append_xione-uk = " -DRDK_PLATFORM=XI1 -DREGION=UK "
EXTRA_OECMAKE_append_xione-us = " -DRDK_PLATFORM=XI1 -DREGION=UK "

EXTRA_OECMAKE_append_llama-uk = " -DRDK_PLATFORM=LLAMA -DREGION=UK "
EXTRA_OECMAKE_append_llama-us = " -DRDK_PLATFORM=LLAMA -DREGION=UK "

I understand that the append lines add extra parameters to the make call. How
does Yocto know which platform to use? I mean how does it choose xione-uk or
llama-us for instance?

Plus is there a variable that captures the target name, i.e. "xione-uk",
"xione-us", etc?