Hi,

On Wed, 2010-11-10 at 09:41 -0200, João Henrique Freitas wrote:
> I am novice yocto user.
>
> My target is create a BSP to my hardware+application. Is Yocto a
> suitable project to do it?
>
> I want to create two layers:
>
> bsp-myhardware: linux kernel, firmware, specific hardware configuration
> bsp-myapplication: linux distro with all software need. Ex: net-snmp,
> lksctp (the target is telecom applications)
>
> Currently yocto does not have many recipes that I need. No problem, I
> can get from OE. We use kernel 2.6.22 and I presume that I need a
> recipe to it and put inside bsp-myhardware, right?

Yes, this sounds like a very reasonable approach.

In general (this applies to anyone out there), we're interested to know
what kinds of software people use so please let us know what you're
putting into application layers anyone creates like this. Our focus is
currently on making sure there is a rock solid core for people to build
from but if there are core applications missing we'd like to know about
it.

Also, if anyone establishes a layer with a specific focus, we're happy
to provide a git repository for it on git.yoctoproject.org where you
could maintain and share this code with other people with a similar
goal.

Cheers,

Richard