On 11/22/2010 05:50 AM, Lu, Lianhao wrote:
Gary Thomas wrote on 2010-11-22:
On 11/22/2010 02:13 AM, Gary Thomas wrote:
I'm interested in trying the Yocto Eclipse plugin with my Poky based builds.
That said, I'm a true Eclipse novice :-(

Does anyone have some guidance on what packages I might need to
install to get a usable Eclipse framework on Fedora (13)? For
example, the Yocto page mentions the "standard TCF" agent to contact
the target
- how do I make sure this is available and enabled?

n.b. the [web] documentation on this plugin is pretty thin. Perhaps
once I get this going, I can contribute some meat to put on these
bones :-)

Thanks

I tried to follow the documentation in the Poky manual (still
thin...), but it seems I'm now stuck.  I get this error:
    Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could
    not be found. Software being installed: Yocto Plugin for Eclipse
    1.0.0.201010202121 (org.yocto.sdk.feature.group 1.0.0.201010202121)
    Missing requirement: Yocto Plugin Remote Tools 1.0.0.201010202121
(org.yocto.sdk.remotetools 1.0.0.201010202121) requires 'bundle
org.eclipse.rse.terminals.ui 1.0.100' but it could not be found
    Cannot satisfy dependency:
      From: Yocto Plugin for Eclipse 1.0.0.201010202121
(org.yocto.sdk.feature.group 1.0.0.201010202121)

As far as I can tell, the eclise-rse package on Fedora 13 is version
1.0.1 :-( Also, Fedora is still on Galileo 3.5.2, not Helios 3.6.

I guess I'll try the raw install of Helios since Fedora+YUM has failed me.

Gary,

Sorry for the thin documentation about eclipse plug-in installation.

The Yocto eclipse plugin has some dependencies on other eclipse plugins:
- C/C++ Development Tools (CDT)
(http://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/releases/helios if using Eclipse
3.6Helios, or http://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/releases/galileo if using
Eclipse 3.5Galileo)
- Autotools support for CDT (Incubation)
(http://download.eclipse.org/technology/linuxtools/update)
- Target Management (RSE) (http://download.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/updates/3.2)

To install one of the above eclipse plugins in the IDE,
1. Go to Help>  Install New Software... to open the Install dialog.
2. Click the Add... button; this will display the Add Site dialog.
3. Enter the corresponding URL in the Location: field and click "OK". This will
add the corresponding update site to the list of available sites.
4. The corresponding update site should now be selected in the "Work with:"
selection box. If not, you can select it from the list by clicking the down arrow and
locating its entry. You can simply collapse the entry for this site to view content
available for installation.
5. Check the corresponding box and click Next button, following the wizard to
install the plug-in.

Thanks, I installed Helios directly from the Eclipse site and that's
working better now.  I also installed the components you mention above.

When I try to configure Yocto, I'm trying to use the Poky tree method
but it doesn't like my tree :-(  I pointed it to my build directory
(the one which contains tmp/, sstate-cache/ and conf/)

What else am I missing?