On 11-07-31 3:44 PM, Francis Meyvis wrote:
Hello,

I probably miss something trivial.
I cloned the git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky.git
I build on a 64 bit machine a qemux86-64
(. ./oe-init-build-env qemux86-64 and changing the conf/local.conf)
I build the core-image-sato&  core-image-minimal.
Then I try to run with
runqemu qemux86-64 core-image-sato ext3

But both sato and minimal give me this message:
Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found.

As runqemu showed me the full command line I tried to add the --append
command line option
init=/sbin/init and /sbin/init.sysvinit
But that did not help (there's a message saying Failed to execute
/sbin/init. Attempting defaults...)
I verified by mounting these ext3 images on a loop device that there's
really a /sbin/init present.

Can somebody tell what I'm doing wrong?

Can you send a full bootlog, or paste it somewhere accessible ? It's hard
to say what's with the information you've given.

Is this the latest yocto master ?

If you are seeing that message it typically means that the the
device that is being used as the root isn't ready (fixed by
rootwait/rootdelay) or isn't supported (i.e. NFS root without
the right ethernet device). Changing what init is, won't change
the result if either one of those is the case.

Cheers,

Bruce

BTW is there any way to not have to run qemu with root permissions?
I ran the android emulator and it does not require me to be root.
Should I configure something on my Ubuntu machine to get qemu to function?

Thanks,
francis