On 29/02/2012 16:18, Paul Eggleton wrote:
On Wednesday 29 February 2012 15:32:34 John Toomey wrote:
I am getting an error when I try to include some packages such as
logrotate, valgrind and minicom in my configuration using "IMAGE_INSTALL
+= ... "

     ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES '"minicom"' (but
     [path]/core-image-[blah].bb RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
     NOTE: Runtime target '"minicom"' is unbuildable, removing...
     Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['"minicom"']
     ERROR: Required build target 'core-image-small' has no buildable
     providers.
     Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['core-image-[blah]',
     '"minicom"']

I am able to build the packages individually without issue, for example
"bitbake minicom" works fine.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction?
I noticed something here which I saw earlier - there is somehow an extra set
of quotes in there i.e. it's reporting '"minicom"' instead of 'minicom'.
Having just confirmed here with the 1.1 release that when you specify something
that doesn't exist you only get one set of single quotes in the error, I
suspect that's the root of the problem in your case. How you would have got a
set of double quotes in there I don't know, though. When I do IMAGE_INSTALL +=
"something" I don't get them here.

Cheers,
Paul

Hi Paul

You got me on the right track to fix it - apparently having a comment on the same line as the IMAGE_INSTALL += "..." causes it to break. I had all of the packates on seperate lines so I could easily comment in or out the ones I need and I had comments after a few of them so i could keep track of which ones were working and broken...

Thanks for your help!
John