On 03/06/2012 07:21 AM, Robert Yang wrote:

On 03/06/2012 11:16 PM, Khem Raj wrote:
On 03/06/2012 01:04 AM, Robert Yang wrote:

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the update, the root cause is that iptables offers
a kernel header file include/linux/types.h, but it mis-matches
the kernel in the sysroot, we can add this:

#define __aligned_u64 __u64 __attribute__((aligned(8)))

to:

iptables-1.4.12.2/include/linux/types.h

to fix this problem.

find out why iptables has its own copy of linux/types.h that file
should be
deleted if there is no reason to have it.

Here is the reply from Bruce:

iptables has always done this .. and it has periodically caused issues like
this in the past. Typically something like you have above is done, or
iptables is updated to a newer version (I assume we can't do that
in this case?), to fix any build issues.

I've had iptables in a directory/location with a dependency on a particular
kernel version (to show the coupling) in the past to enforce a check
before the build breaks.

it still does not say why iptables keeps a copy of its own.