On 22/06/12 15:16, Jim Kosem wrote:
Hi,

The update of the WebHob design is up on the wiki
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Web_Hob_Design

There's a PDF of all the screens of the latest version (v.1.9) of the application <https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/images/0/01/Webhob.1.pdf>, a link to the GitHub <https://github.com/jkosem/Yocto-WebHob-Design> we have setup for the HTML5 prototype development and a screencast of the v.1.8 <https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/images/c/cb/Yocto_webHob.1.9_screencast.0.2.mov> showing our design thinking around WebHob and our vision for how it will work.

As always, feedback is welcome. Thanks.

--
Jim Kosem

I like the design screens in the PDF, however it looks like it will be a LOT of work! Just one question, how is it intended that this will be setup? Will it be a standalone application with included web server (twisted-web? I assume it will be python based...).

Are you intending to use Twitter's bootstrap (as that is what the design screens resemble)? How about initial implementation, will it be using websockets or event driven AJAX? What happens when two people try to edit things at the same time? Is there going to be a separate database/configuration files or will it be editing config files directly?

I'm not being awkward here, it's just the project I've been working on the last 6 months is using some very similar technology and these are some of the design decisions I've made (and still attempting to make!), so it's more interest and understanding design decisions than anything else.

Regards,

--

  Jack Mitchell (j...@embed.me.uk)
  Embedded Systems Engineer