On Thursday, 13 December 2012 at 22:22, Chris Tapp wrote:
> Good catch. This shows there is no video/x-surface decoder available. Off to
> find which plugin I need...
>
> I should have thought of trying that. Thanks! I'll have to find out why my
> gstreamer error handler isn't spotting the problem!
Yeah… that's a bug I meant to fix in danny-next but failed.  Install
gst-plugins-xvimagesink (or something like that, not at my work machines right
now).

> > It's possible that you've got some horrible GLES/VA interaction,
> > specifically the download from VA-land to however you're getting the video
> > into the textures. Speaking of which, how are you getting from frames to
> > textures?
> I'm using appsink to give me access to the raw pixel data which I then
> glTexSubImage into a texture. I'm using appsink as I've got legacy code that
> uses it for an SDL app. I may try and switch to gstreamer GL plugin support
> when I find the best option ;-)

There'll be a better way - gstreamer-gl is worth a look at if you can assume
VAAPI you should be able to construct a fairly efficient vaapi-gl pipeline
(with gstreamer 1.0 I believe you'll be able to get zero-copy)

Ross