Hello developers,

I have recently switch to the poky-1.6.1, mainly because of python3.
First of all I must say that I see significant improvements in the new
yocto 1.6.1 (compare to the 1.5.1), so thanks to all contributors!

The python3 package is successfully compiled and installed on my target board (Atmel A5), the problem I'm getting is the python3 cannot find the 'encodings' module, maybe because there is none in the /usr/lib/python3.3/ copying one from python2 did not work - obviously.

This is the actual error I get:

 # python3
 Fatal Python error: Py_Initialize: Unable to get the locale encoding
 ImportError: No module named 'encodings'
 Aborted

More detailed error:

 # python3 -v
 import _frozen_importlib # frozen
 import imp # builtin
 import sys # builtin
 # installing zipimport hook
 import 'zipimport' # <class '_frozen_importlib.BuiltinImporter'>
 # installed zipimport hook
 Fatal Python error: Py_Initialize: Unable to get the locale encoding
 Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1565, in _find_and_load
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1529, in _find_and_load_unlocked
 ImportError: No module named 'encodings'
 Aborted

Looking forward for any hints or solutions.

Mark