Hello,

when Im booting my rpi3 (B Rev 1.2) without u-boot erverything works fine. I can see spi and i2c in dmesg.

But when I boot with u-boot (KERNEL_IMAGETYPE = "uImage"), spi and i2c seem to be disabled.
I dont see anything with spi or i2c in dmesg.

In both cases I use the same cmdline and device-tree (bcm2710-rpi-3-b.dtb).

I noticed something strange in the boot messages:
When bootings with u-boot i can see-> Machine model: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
Without u-boot it is-> Machine model: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2

Why is there a difference when Im using the same device-tree? Could this be the reason why spi and i2c is disabled?

Thx for helping,
Romil