I have a recipe that I built for building jzmq, however one of the issues I have is with the naming of the release files from the github site.

Unlike czmq which has downloads ( zip and tar.gz ) that are named czmq-${PV}.tar.gz, the downloads from jzmq are just called v${PV}.tar.gz.

How can I rename this file upon download so that the filename is in fact unique to this package ?

I can definitely see that the file v3.1.0.tar.gz in my downloads directory is not unique and could conflict with another package that is similarly named for its releases.

My workaround right now is to use the specific SHA string and use the git:// protocol, but it would be a bit easier to just use the released version and change the filename for saving it in downloads.