Hi Folks,

I'm rather new to Yocto so please forgive me (and please correct me) if I have
some of the terminology wrong.

I am currently building a Xen dom0 with two guest domain images running under
the dom0.  These directories for building each of these images are located
under the meta-virtualization directory in the build environment as recipe
directories (recipe-xxx).  Dom0 and each of the images work fine.

The trouble I am having is that I wanted to give each domU a unique
name/hostname to make networking and management easier so I don't have to
manually set them up each time one is modified.  Since each recipe only
consisted of several sub-directories containing .bb files, I created a
"base-files_3.0.14.bbappend" to each recipe's 'image' sub-directory (consisting
of one line: hostname_pn-base-files = "<name of host>").  Now it seams that
every time meta-virtualization is called bitbake "sees" the first .bbappend it
comes across and tries to change the hostname regardless of which recipe I am
building (i.e. If you run "bitbake -e base-files | grep ''hostname" it will
always result in the same custom hostname).  Obviously this is not the proper
way to set the hostname.

What is the proper way to go about this?  Can I set it on the bitbake command
line for building the image?

I'd like for the hostname to be tied to the custom image recipe I am building.
If I don't specifically call one of my custom recipes, neither should
automatically be changing the hostname.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Sincerely,
Ken Bassford