Hi Emily,

On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 12:50 AM Emily S <easmith5...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ahh okay you meant just literally if there was anything else in it. An
> additional complication of my setup is that our custom board is in Europe, so
> right now there's no one to load the OS for me and boot, but I will check as
> soon as I can.

You could check the locally generated filesystem image also, you
typically do not need access to the board to verify this.

Something like tar tvf or "wic ls" - depending on your image type(s)
-- see the Yocto docs for WIC inspection, I don't know from heart.

(But I would travel to Europe Alps and have the trip paid -- much
better than remote board access).

> In regards to your second point, do you mean that the init-clock recipe might
> be trying to install the script in a slightly incorrect location? For example
> it's trying to install in /usr/bin/env when my OS is setup to use /bin/env
> instead?

I mean "env" could be installed to /bin/env, whereas the "shebang" in
the header is hard-coded to use /usr/bin/env.
Solution: remove the hard-coding in init-clock.

With this, you should be able to inspect further.

Regards,

Leon.