On 4/29/19 5:35 AM, Damien LEFEVRE wrote:
Hi,

In our base image we use nginx. I created a nginx.bbappend to add our PHP configuration in a separated layer.

For a specific variant of the image I need to add an extra bit of nginx configuration.

I though I could create a new recipe to overwrite nginx.conf and include that recipe in the variant image definition, but bitbake shouts at me that I cannot modify a file from another recipe.

If that's the case, is it possible to create image name based bbappend files? Or do I need to create a separate nginx overwrite layer with higher priority than the base image nginx.bbappend for that image variant? (I wouldn't like that)

you might want to use a function to get this done and add it to IMAGE_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND in the specific image recipe.

Thanks,
-Damien