On Thu, 23 May 2019 at 02:22, Scott Rifenbark <srifenb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  * In dev-manual's "Using the Auto Upgrade Helper (AUH)" section -
> https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.7/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#gs-using-the-auto-upgrade-helper:
>  Step 5 talks about making configurations in the local.conf file.  First
> thing is to enable "distrodata" by inheriting the class.  Do we have an
> equivalent for this now that the class is gone?

This is no longer necessary, you can remove the step.

> * in ref-manual's "do_distrodata" task section -
> https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.7/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#ref-tasks-distrodata:
>  Does this task disappear as well?  Or, is there an equivalent?

There is no equivalent, you can remove the sectrion.

> * In ref-manual's "do_checkpkg" task section -
> https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.7/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#ref-tasks-checkpkg:
>  This task was included as part of the distrodata.bbclass.  How do we address
> the do_checkpkg task section now?

The equivalent functionality is provided by running devtool - 'devtool
latest-version' for one recipe, 'devtool check-upgrade-status' for
several (or all).

> * In the UPSTREAM_CHECK_GETTAGREGEX variable description in the ref-manual
> glossary -
> https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.7/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#var-UPSTREAM_CHECK_GITTAGREGEX:
>  How do we change this?
> * in the UPSTREAM_CHECK_REGEX variable description also in the glossary -
> https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.7/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#var-UPSTREAM_CHECK_REGEX:
>  How do we change this?
> * in the UPSTREAM_CHECK_URI variable description also int he glossary -
> https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.7/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#var-UPSTREAM_CHECK_URI:
>  How do we change this?

All three should refer to the equivalent replacement (see above)
provided by devtool.

Alex