On 13/09/2019 06:55, PRASANTH R wrote:
I need to patch my custom recipe, let say "Package-A.bb" in which I need to add a patch to the test recipe if the yocto build has a specific package like let's say if "Package-B" is available patch should be applied for Package-A.bb
I am trying with below step in Package-A.bb
SRC_URI_append_Package-B = " file://0001-add-new-line.patch"

But it doesn't work, I could see this SRC_URI_append_* works only for some specific tokens like board name, Architecture, library or native-class as such

Have u come across the scenario to make a dependency in patching with reference to another package? which way I can use this?

You can't patch a recipe depending on whether another recipe is going to be built, because the process is that recipes produce packages, and packages built images.

So you're building two images, one of which contains Package-A and the other contains Package-A and Package-B. Bitbake will only build those recipes once.

Ross