Geronimo desperately needs CORBA for Geronimo 1.x which is based on JDK 1.4.

-dain

On Apr 6, 2006, at 12:15 PM, Sakala, Adinarayana wrote:

Alan,

when does geronimo move to JDK 1.5?
That said, i understand many current production deployments are on JDK 1.4 and majority of them are moving to JDK 1.5.
Aren't we targetting new deployments.
If so, I think we must consider JDK 1.5 as it allows to build better Yoko than JDK 1.4.

I have to think little bit about your layering approach.

thanks,
Adi

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan D. Cabrera [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2006 12:24 PM
To: yoko-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: coding standard and logging

I think that we can layer this.  Core server compiles and runs under
JDK14.  Tooling, etc. compiles and runs under JDK15.

Let me be clear.  The overwhelming bulk of production
deployments are in
JDK14.  We need to be sensitive to this.  You will need to
convince me
that any other route other than the compromise stated above
is a viable
option.

I do not like retrotranslators since, IIUC, they do not work well w/
debuggers.

Regards,
Alan