Sakala, Adinarayana wrote, On 4/6/2006 12:15 PM:

Alan,

when does geronimo move to JDK 1.5?

Geronimo is not moving to JDK15. It will start supporting JDK15 in addition to JDK14.

That said, i understand many current production deployments are on JDK 1.4 and
majority of them are moving to JDK 1.5.

Not any time soon, IMO.

Aren't we targetting new deployments.

I don't agree there.

If so, I think we must consider JDK 1.5 as it allows to build better Yoko than
JDK 1.4.

I have to think little bit about your layering approach.
Cool. Frankly, I am surprised that we are having this conversation. I am not aware of anything in a core CORBA server that requires features from JDK15 to be implemented. To be sure, there's a ton of great tooling that would benefit. Maybe you can enumerate these critical features and where they are needed.

I look forward to our continuing dialog.

Regards,
Alan