This is because the RMI classloader does not like spaces in the classpath name. People who are on Windows will experience this problem because maven unit tests include ~/.m2 in the class path. Unfortunately, ~ is really c:\Documents and Settings\bob. This is where we get the space.

We need to "install" a fixed RMI classloader to handle it. Geronimo has one.

Regards,
Alan

Nolan, Edell wrote, On 4/7/2006 10:51 AM:

Yes! This is happening since yesterday. I am not sure if its some test
framework changes that are causing this yet.

Edell.
-----Original Message-----
From: Kosuru, Prasadarao Sent: 07 April 2006 18:43
To: yoko-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Test errors

Hi
Maven reports the following exceptions while running the tests using the
latest snapshot of repository.

[client:err] Exception in thread "main" java.rmi.UnmarshalException:
error unmarshalling return; neste
d exception is:
[client:err]    java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: and
[client:err]    at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.lookup(Unknown
Source)
[client:err]    at
org.apache.yoko.processmanager.internal.ProcessAgentImpl.main(ProcessAge
ntImpl.java
:48)
[client:err] Caused by: java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: and
[client:err]    at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:567)
[client:err]    at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:464)
[client:err]    at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:413)
[client:err]    at
sun.rmi.server.LoaderHandler.pathToURLs(LoaderHandler.java:747)
[client:err]    at
sun.rmi.server.LoaderHandler.loadProxyClass(LoaderHandler.java:505)
[client:err]    at
java.rmi.server.RMIClassLoader$2.loadProxyClass(RMIClassLoader.java:628)
[client:err]    at
java.rmi.server.RMIClassLoader.loadProxyClass(RMIClassLoader.java:294)
[client:err]    at
sun.rmi.server.MarshalInputStream.resolveProxyClass(MarshalInputStream.j
ava:238)
[client:err]    at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readProxyDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1494)
[client:err]    at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1457)
[client:err]    at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1693
)
[client:err]    at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1299)
[client:err]    at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:339)
[client:err]    ... 2 more

Do you guys see the same error?

Cheers,
Prasad