Hi Dan,

I understand your concerns about not having a dependency on log4j in celtix.
Again considering the fact that, log4j has been used by many for a while now
and is robust, why not make use of it's features? I know j.u.l provides
similar features, but why to re-invent something incase if we need some
enhanced logging functionality when it's available in log4j? For example if
you want to add new formatting mechanism you need to extend the formatter
class for j.u.l but log4j has this builtin already and you can simply use
the pattern for the log output.

Again it really depends on to what extent we want to use our logging, if we
have to extend j.u.l to achieve this than it's better to use log4j since it
has lot of features.

But I think your idea of extending j.u.l interface to accomodate log4j or
any other logging mechanism is not bad either.

Cheers,
Prasad