It may be true that we can get by using the SUN compiler for now, if we do not want to aim for CORBA 3.0 compliance. It would not be a wasted effort, since the Harmony project needs an apache-licensed IDL compiler.

I do not know if anyone is actually using non-SUN JDKs at the moment. If there are no such users, we may postpone the implementation of an IDL compiler.

Best regards,
Anders