On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 05:49:56PM +1100, Nathan Kroenert wrote:
> It occurred to me that we are likely missing the point here because Uwe
> is thinking of this as a One User on a System sort of perspective,
> whereas most of the rest of us are thinking of it from a 'Solaris'
> perspective, where we are typically expecting the system to be running
> many applications / DB's / users all at the same time.

I'm looking at it both ways.  Either way one would want to know what
snapshot is safe to restore to!  Especially if there are _many_
snapshots automatically taken, as opposed to a few manually or manually
scheduled snapshots/backups (one typically quiesces important apps
before a backup starts).

Nico