Dedhi Sujatmiko wrote:

>> When I do the replication :
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/etc/ssh# zfs send data/work/[EMAIL PROTECTED]|ssh
>> 192.168.3.13 zfs
>> recv data/work/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> cannot receive: invalid backup stream
>>

> I just realized that the ZFS version being used in Solaris 10 U5 and
> NexentaStor 1.0.6 is far far different, possibly this is the cause of
> the incompatibilities.
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/export/home/admin# zpool upgrade
> This system is currently running ZFS pool version 10. -->NexentaStor 1.0.6
> All pools are formatted using this version.
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] # zpool upgrade
> This system is currently running ZFS version 4. --> Solaris 10 U5
> All pools are formatted using this version.

The pool version has no impact on the send/receive stream protocol,
which has its own versioning.

If or when there is a change that causes compatibility issues, it
will be noted in the flag days, release notes, and other docs.

The last and such note is:
http://www.opensolaris.org/os/community/on/flag-days/pages/2008042301/
Which should not apply, since b35 was circa February 2006.  Even though
Solaris 10 update 5 seems (and is) ancient, it isn't that old.

The recursive (-R) flag to zfs send was introduced in b77, circa October,
2007, which was after the Solaris 10 update 5 cutoff date.  However,
notes from the PSARC 2007/574 case indicate that this "should just work,"
as you have described.
http://www.opensolaris.org/os/community/arc/caselog/2007/574/mail

If it can be reproduced and is still not working, then please file a bug.

> In that case, I will use back the rsync+SSH method replication.

That will work, too.
 -- richard