I'm a software developer with a little bit of experience in Linux but I've been
wanting to build a fileserver and I've recently heard about ZFS.

Right now I'm considering Windows Home Server because I really don't need every
file mirrored/backed-up but I do like what I heard about ZFS.

Anyways, if I have a bunch of different size disks (1.5 TB, 1.0 TB, 500 GB,
etc), can I put them all into one big array and have data redundancy, etc?
(RAID-Z?)

Can I also expand that array at any time?

One thing that I definitely want is one single network share (\\server\movies)
that I can transfer files to and have ZFS figure out how to place them across
my disks.  I'd then like to able to add any size disk to my server and expand
that storage space.

Is this possible with ZFS?