Dedhi Sujatmiko wrote:
As a user of el-cheapo US$18 SIL3114, I managed to make the system freeze continuously when one of SATA cable got disconnected. I am using 8 disks RAIDZ2 driven by 2 x SIL3114 System is still able to answer the ping, but SSH and console are no longer responsive, obviously also the NFS and CIFS share. The console keep sending "waiting for disk" loop.

The only way to recover is to reset the system, and as expected, one of the disk went offline, but the service is back online in degraded ZFS pool.

The SIL3112/3114 were very early SATA controllers, indeed barely SATA controllers at all by todays standards as I think they always pretend to be PATA to the host system.

--
Andrew