On 25/04/2010 13:08, Edward Ned Harvey wrote:

The system should boot-up properly even if some pools are not
accessible
(except rpool of course).
If it is not the case then there is a bug - last time I checked it
worked perfectly fine.
This may be different in the latest opensolaris, but in the latest solaris,
this is what I know:

If a pool fails, and forces an ungraceful shutdown, then during the next
bootup, the pool is treated as "currently in use by another system."  The OS
doesn't come up all the way; you have to power cycle again, and go into
failsafe mode.  Then you can "zpool import" I think requiring the -f or -F,
and reboot again normal.

I just did a test on Solaris 10/09 - and system came up properly, entirely on its own, with a failed pool. zpool status showed the pool as unavailable (as I removed an underlying device) which is fine.

--
Robert Milkowski
http://milek.blogspot.com