Hi,

*The PCIE 8x port gives me 4GBps, which is 32Gbps. No problem there. Each
ESata port guarantees 3Gbps, therefore 12Gbps limit on the controller.*

I was simply listing the bandwidth available at the different stages of the
data cycle. The PCIE port gives me 32Gbps. The Sata card gives me a possible
12Gbps. I'd rather be cautious and asuume I'll get more like 6Gbps, it is a
cheap card after all.

*I guarantee you this is not a sustainable speed for 7.2krpm sata disks.* (I
am well aware :) )

* Which is 333% of the PM's capability. *

Assuming that it is, 5 drives at that speed will max out my PM 3 times over.
So my PM will automatically throttle the drives speed to a third of that on
the account that the PM will be maxed out.

Thanks for the rough IO speed check :)