So, I'm still having problems with intermittent hangs on write with my ZFS
pool.  Details from my original post are below.  Since posting that, I've gone
back and forth with a number of you, and gotten a lot of useful advice, but I'm
still trying to get to the root of the problem so I can correct it.  Since the
original post I have:

-Gathered a great deal of information in the form of kernel thread dumps,
zio_state dumps, and live crash dumps while the problem is happening.
-Been advised that my ruling out of dedupe was probably premature, as I still
likely have a good deal of deduplicated data on-disk.
-Checked just about every log and counter that might indicate a hardware error,
without finding one.

I was wondering at this point if someone could give me some pointers on the
following:
1. Given the dumps and diagnostic data I've gathered so far, is there a way I
can determine for certain where in the ZFS driver I'm spending so much time
hanging?  At the very least I'd like to try to determine whether it is, in-fact
a deduplication issue.
2. If it is, in fact, a deduplication issue, would my only recourse be a new
pool and a send/receive operation?  The data we're storing is VMFS volumes for
ESX.  We're tossing around the idea of creating new volumes in the same pool
(now that dedupe is off) and migrating VMs over in small batches.  The theory
is that we would be writing non-deduped data this way, and when we were done we
could remove the deduplicated volumes.  Is this sound?

Thanks again for all the help!

-Charles